Friday, July 8, 2011

ORIGINAL [1968-72] EDITION OF Teachings Of Lord Chaitanya now available…


I noticed that even the Preface was re-written in the Teaching of Lord Chaitanya. I guess its not what Srila Prabhupada writes or speaks but what He meant to write. The part about Junior Haridas and how Lord Chaitanya was strict like a thunderbolt with those in the renounced order of life but soft as a rose to householders was almost taken out of the newer version of TLC.
Maybe they were trying to make the Introduction shortened to two pages like something that happened to Bhagavad-gita AS IT IS when it was shortend down to a couple of chapters or something almost as bad. Srila Prabhupada isn’t here to tell me how to make the TLC, I know he liked the 1972 version so I just present it without adding or taking anything away. Its in paper back $15 at www.krsna.tv eventually I would like to make a hard bound. Maybe I’m supposed to have Jaya Adwaita re write this email so that its not what I wrote but what I meant to write.
your servant Bhagwatam@cs.com

No comments: